Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
I had a situation where I didn’t have the iLO virtual drives for an HP server. Whomever installed it, didn’t apply the iLO license.
After I installed the proper license; I was rewarded with:
iLO “Remote Console is unavailable. It is already in use by
a different client”
Tried a few things but nothing worked. The iLO was simply locked.
You can force it to reset. On the top level (this is for iLO3), look for the diagnostics link under Information. Click the Diagnostics link
Look for the Reset button. Click it and you will be tossed for the session. Wait about thirty seconds and login again.
Friday, April 15th, 2016
We have a console network to handle access to all the DRAC and iLo ports. Every so often people forget to change the name assigned to the port.
I was reloading several systems for a new project and of course there was one that was not changed. It is running the xen hypervisor so there wasn’t a quick way to address this.
I accessed the host through the iLO port and was able to rename the system. However, there was a message (aren’t there always?):
There are pending changes that may not take effect until iLO is reset.
I looked around the iLO pages but there wasn’t a command to do this.
What about the iLO port itself?
SSH into the port
enter: CD /map1
Waited a little bit and the correct hostname worked on the console network.
Monday, April 6th, 2015
We are transitioning our console management setup and one of the Windows systems reported an error when trying to access it through the iLO management port.
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to <FQDN>. SSL peer reports incorrect
Message Authentication Code. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of
the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
It’s an odd error as this was the only system reporting it and it happened on different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
I tried resetting to factory defaults but that didn’t solve it.
Drivers were up to date but the firmware looked old. I pulled down the latest version and installed it.