I use Microsoft Word for many things. After awhile; I start disliking the default font of Calibri. It’s a usable readable font. I just don’t like it.
It’s annoying to select a new font each time I start a new file. Why not change it so I don’t have to do that? I know “Duh!”
The new Office (I am using 2013) at times seems to be designed to hide things. Probably because of the average user being….well I won’t get into name calling as I “may” have done a few “bonehead” things in my time.
The way to change the default is through the basic templates. My two main templates are Normal and Nospace (created to avoid the the default 2 lines for CR).
The steps are simple:
- Start a new blank document
- Under the Styles box (Home tab); right-click Normal (or in my case Nospace) and select Modify.
- Click the Formatting drop down and select the Font you like( If you are curious, I like Times New Roman).
- You can also adjust the size.
- Near the bottom look for New documents based on this template. If it’s not selected, click the dot.
- Click OK.
This will set your next documents font to what you like by default.
As with anything if you
steal borrow from others, always give them their acknowledgement.