Tuesday, November 26th, 2019
Powershell is fun and yet there are times it can be annoying.
I am doing a refresh as I am looking for a new job. My last one was not script minded.
A simply test was to get use get-eventlog sort by index and time. It did this. Next was to output index, time and source.
get-eventlog -logname Security -newest 50 |select-object -property index,time,source | sort time,index | out-file c:\last.txt
The other two worked. Time did not.
You would think it would be obvious to simply use “time” and well; it isn’t.
You need to use timegenerated or timewritten.
get-eventlog -logname Application -newest 50 |select-object -property index,timegenerated,source | sort index,time
More reading to do.
Sunday, November 17th, 2019
It seems Disney failed to protect peoples accounts.
When it rains…….
Saturday, November 16th, 2019
I have a thing about streaming services. I really don’t like everybody having their own. People like shows from different producers and now we have to have “Yet Another Streaming Service (YASS)” to see a show which we find interesting.
Such was the case for Disney. Marvel and Star Wars. I was not happy but was willing to give it a try.
For a company with the amount of income; they really gave a bad opening for the new service.
We kept seeing timeout resets and screen pauses while audio continued. Disney reps stated they underestimated! Really; with what you have you underestimated? There is no reason they can’t overestimate on the venue.
I stream through my Sony Playstation. I read many other complaints and issues. Disney response was it’s the Playstation. How is this possible if Netflix and Amazon do not have these issues?
After a couple days, two updates and the assumption of resources added; it’s gotten a little better. The pause resets aren’t as frequent.
Oh! One thing? The Mandalorian seems like it will be good.
Friday, November 1st, 2019
I have a series 2 iWatch and learned 6.1 was out. Apple reported it would run on series 2.
When I tried to upgrade; it kept timing out and reporting there was no wireless network.
Usual diagnostics didn’t work. I power cycled the iPhone and iWatch. It worked for a little bit and then the same problem.
The upgrade process requires the iWatch to be on a charger. This is only for the actual install phase. I decided to leave the iPhone and iWatch with the wireless router over night.
The next day I found the download had completed and of course it would not install since it was not on the charger.
After the iWatch was on the charger; the install ran for about an hour.
iWatch now has 6.1.