Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
I had a situation where I didn’t have the iLO virtual drives for an HP server. Whomever installed it, didn’t apply the iLO license.
After I installed the proper license; I was rewarded with:
iLO “Remote Console is unavailable. It is already in use by
a different client”
Tried a few things but nothing worked. The iLO was simply locked.
You can force it to reset. On the top level (this is for iLO3), look for the diagnostics link under Information. Click the Diagnostics link
Look for the Reset button. Click it and you will be tossed for the session. Wait about thirty seconds and login again.
Friday, April 15th, 2016
We have a console network to handle access to all the DRAC and iLo ports. Every so often people forget to change the name assigned to the port.
I was reloading several systems for a new project and of course there was one that was not changed. It is running the xen hypervisor so there wasn’t a quick way to address this.
I accessed the host through the iLO port and was able to rename the system. However, there was a message (aren’t there always?):
There are pending changes that may not take effect until iLO is reset.
I looked around the iLO pages but there wasn’t a command to do this.
What about the iLO port itself?
SSH into the port
enter: CD /map1
Waited a little bit and the correct hostname worked on the console network.
Saturday, September 5th, 2015
Sometimes new server setups are missing the iLO configuration. A failed OS install is usually what discovers this problem and the question of the default password is asked.
For ilo4, you have to look at the toe tag on the server. The password does not have any similarity to the serial number as with previous versions of iLO.
Wednesday, January 21st, 2015
I was configuring iLO access for several servers and in one instance was rewarded with an error message.
The program can't start because MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll is missing
from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I reinstalled but the error remained. For grins I decided to reinstall the .Net 4.0 and from Microsoft I downloaded the installer. It gave an option to repair it or remove it. I chose to repair it and it solved the problem.