I had a need to disable User Account Control on a server 2012 installation.
I had set UAC to “Never notify” but still ran into issues. I learned that UAC is not really disabled with server 2012.
I should note this goes against Microsoft’s best practices but sometimes you need to do that to get things done when a customer won’t give you time to research a better way.
You need to use Regedit and follow this steps.
- From a CMD or poweredit; type Regedit then hit enter
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
- Double click on EnableLUA
- Change the Value data to a 0
- Click OK, then reboot the server
After that the error went away.
Normally, I would list the error but I had lost the message(this blog entry was on my todo).