This is a small entry mainly for my part. For the life of me, I keep forgetting this with SQL Express.
We are using it for small Citrix sites and get the big long error when I try to establish my Xendesktop Controller.
In this matter, pipe and TCP/IP have to be enabled!
- SQL Configuration Manager
- SQL Server Network Configuration.
- Change Named Pipes to Enabled
- Change TCP/IP to Enabled.
- Start SQL Server Management Studio
- Right-Click the Server entry
- Select restart
After that the SQL portion of the Xendesktop setup works.